SATURDAY, JULY 22nd, 10:30 am – 3:30 pm
Visitor’s Day is a time for parents to meet with their child’s counsellors, see our facility and watch as campers participate in various shows and activities they want their parents to see. We allow parents to leave the camp grounds with their child, so long as they return by 3:30 pm. Many families take advantage of our beautiful grounds and dining room to enjoy our buffet lunch or a picnic they have brought. Alternative days can be considered as family circumstances require.
Arrival and Departure:
- Our gates will be locked until 10:30 am… Please wait by the front dates. Click HERE for a map to camp!
- Campers will wait for their parents at their cabins; we will guide you in the right direction.
- THERE IS ROAD CONSTRUCTION AT NUMEROUS PLACES…Assume a 21/2 hour drive from Toronto. PLEASE BE ON TIME – Your child/ren will be waiting! A bell will signal the end of the day (4 pm) Depart promptly: a prolonged exit is tough on children. If you are there earlier than anticipated, don’t worry…we’ll feed you and provide refreshments!!
Things to Do at Camp Throughout Your Day:
- At the Gate: Have a coffee and a light snack (prepared by campers!) while you wait for the gates to open.
- Meet and Talk with Counsellors: We encourage you to chat with your child’s counselors – they will be available at their cabins from 10:30-12:15, and again from 3:00-4:00, and will be around camp all day
- Meet and Talk with Jack and Sue: We’ll be around throughout the day talking with parents; to make it easier to find us, we’ll be anchored in the office from 11:30-12:15, and again from 3:00-3:30. Look for us in the Rec Hall at 2:00 as well, when the sweet table opens! The office can also reach us throughout the day by radio
- Arts and Crafts is open all day (except 12:15-1:00) to view and pick up projects and for young children accompanying you
- Activities: Campers can sign up to ‘wow’ parents with their skills at many activities
including Gymnastics, Ropes, Skiing, Canoe/Kayak and Mountain Biking in the
morning (11:00 – 12:15) and afternoon (1:15 pm – 3:00 pm). This is a great opportunity for campers
to show parents what they have accomplished at camp. Sorry – but we can’t accommodate visitor’s use of the facilities (except tennis and basketball)
- Swimming, Tennis, Landsports and other activities are also open for campers to demonstrate their skills.
- A supervised swim period (1-3 pm) and gymnastics activities are available for young children accompanying you if they want to try! Sorry – not for parents!
- Lunch We encourage you to stay at camp and bring a picnic lunch, or join us for a buffet lunch in our dining room. We allow campers out of camp for the day, however campers must be back in camp by 3:00 pm without exception.
- Sweet Table: Please join us for cold drinks and very yummy snacks from 2:00 to 3:30 pm!!
- Watch the SLIDE SHOW in the Rec Hall between 2-3:00 pm…a taste of what’s happened
so far this summer.
- PLEASE DO NOT GIVE CASH GIFTS to our staff.
- PLEASE LEAVE YOUR PETS AT HOME! Due to health regulations, they are not allowed!
FOOD GOODIES: Yes, bring as campers have a cabin party on Visitor’s Day night, with left overs collected the next day, but PLEASE don’t bring POP OR BOTTLED WATER for campers to stock in cabins, and especially….NO NUT products !!!
NEW MOON CLOTHING:
- On Visitor’s Day, a booth will be set up where you can purchase very cool camp clothing!