This list has been developed for the benefit of your child’s health and safety, prevent the loss of valuables and to promote a culture that we believe is appropriate for a summer camp environment. Remember, it’s CAMP!
Our approach is minimize the presence of items that can detract from the natural atmosphere, limiting the material elements best left in the city. We also believe our approach contributes to a more positive, inclusive environment, promoting and enabling more effective communication and interaction with each other. We appreciate your help and support in this regard!
Please DO NOT send the following items to camp with your child; These items will be confiscated & we assume NO responsibility for their loss!
- Wireless Communication, Music Playing Devices with Screen Displays, Video/Gaming Devices. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Anything that generates heat (hot pots, kettles, toasters, mini-stoves, hair irons)
- Lawn chairs, collapsible/folding chairs: We have lots of benches sitting areas!
We Discourage, but Allow:
- MP3 players WITHOUT SCREENS for in-cabin use only.
- Jewelry (Jewelry of any type is strongly discouraged)
Other Items that are NOT Allowed:
- Electric Fans (Only portable, battery-operated fans are allowed)
- Electrical Cords (No power bars, extension cords, etc.)
- Lamps/Candles (Only flashlights or battery-operated lights are allowed)
- Inappropriate Labeling on Clothing (printing or images on clothing considered inappropriate will be confiscated)
- Bottled water
- Food (except for 1st night bunk party (Peanut Free only)
Food and Water